Sunday, April 26, 2009

Good News!

I want to apologize again for not posting. These have been the craziest few weeks but now there is lots to tell.

First of all, I interviewed to become the marketing manager for a a new website set to launch this summer. The site will be a place for buying, selling and breeding race horses and there will also be a social networking and chat area of the site. For the first few months the launch will be in the UK and Ireland but eventually my job will evolve to marketing to the US as well. I got the job and have already started to do some work but my official start date is May 1st. I have so much to learn and take in about race horses, betting and race courses!

The next bit of news is that Jason and I have begun the process to adopt a dog. With Jason going away again we decided it would be best for me to have a companion. We can't handle a puppy so we decided to adopt an older dog from a local rescue. Friday afternoon we visited the rescue and after checking out all of the dogs they had there Jason and I were both drawn to the same dog. He was a 2 year old cross breed, and although he was quiet and a bit sad looking he did come right up to the kennel fence and sniffed us and seemed curious. We took him for a walk and fell in love with him, he's a really good dog who has just had a bit of a bad luck in his early life and we can't wait to bring him home. He is already house trained and will sit and shake on command (and sometimes not on command if he thinks he will get another treat out of it) and I think he will be the perfect dog for us. The problem with his previous home was that the original owner couldn't give him enough attention and he had too much energy for her so she handed him over to the rescue. He doesn't have any behavioral problems and we have a couple miles of sandy beach for him to run around on so I think we will get along well. Here are a couple photos of our boy! If all goes smoothly we will be bringing him home on Saturday!




Those are the two big things that have been happening the past few weeks. I am sure to have lots of stories over the next few months as I settle into my new job and being a new pet owner!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, hey, congratulations on your new baby.

Jonathan Thomas said...

Congrats on the Job and the dog!

Dogs are a handful, but rescuing an older one will be a lot less work than raising a puppy. Kudos for adopting a rescue, it's the only way to do it.

He's adorable too!

Michelloui said...

What a great blog, Im enjoying reading through it. I'll add you to my list of blogs if you don't mind...

Have you seen any episodes of the Dog Whisperer? Your post made me think of it! It's an American import and quite good if you're interested in having a happy dog.

The marketing job sounds really interesting. I live almost right next to the UK's newest race course which was terribly exciting for everyone in the area until it ran into financial difficulties...!

Lisa Coulson said...

Yes, I love the Dog Whisperer and bought Cesar's book before we brought Max home. I find some of Cesar's basic tips so helpful. Whenever Max is acting "unbalanced" I use the "No talk, no touch, no eye contact" on him and he responds well to it.

You can definitely add me to you list of blogs. Thanks for reading!