Thursday, January 28, 2010

Gorgeous Sunrises

Winter means really short days, and I mean really short. Right around the Winter Solstice the sun wasn't rising until nearly 9am and it was setting just after 3:30 in the afternoon. Not a whole lot of daylight! However, it does make the chances of catching a spectacular sunrise much better, because, well basically there is a better chance of me being awake at the butt crack of dawn if it doesn't show itself until 9 am! It is getting earlier and earlier every day now and its rising at about 8am which is perfect for me to get some great shots on my morning walks with Max before I head over to the radio station.

Here are a few of the January sunrises I have been awake for! You can click on the images to see them larger.


The marine birds use the beach as a sanctuary from the snow



A very bright and very snowy early January morning


A glimmer of pink reminds us that there is a sun under all those grey clouds!


Max plays on the beach in mid-January as the sun rises

1 comment:

Kate said...

I've really enjoyed reading your blog! I'd love to move to England for a year or so, but I can't afford it and I don't know what I'd do with my dog - I couldn't possibly leave her.

Have you heard of the Septic's Companion? We have a forum that's pretty fun, and I've been trying to find people to join. It's septicscompanion.com/forum, and I think you would be someone who would really enjoy it.