Friday, October 9, 2009

My 15 seconds of semi-fame (I kid)

Check it out! Today I was quoted in The Guardian Life & Style section in this blog about parmo! The Guardian is a large, well respected national newspaper. (Although, this little article probably only made it to their website.) Still, I am flattered that this columnist quoted me in his article.


I am the "one American blogger" referenced in the article, and the article links to my original Anglotopia post about the beloved Teesside delicacy. Maybe I will become famous for coining the term "delinquent nephew of veal Parmigiana" and soon after pigs will probably fly, but one can dream.

This was a nice little ego boost today after a very stressful week.

2 comments:

Jen Walshaw said...

I too am a Northerner, although I was born here in Teeside. I live in Berkshire for 14 years and everytime we returned to see family would have a parmo. They just can not be beaten. I think we need a NE meet up

MikeH said...

Well done you! Always nice to get a recognition boost -- for the parmo, I mean ;) I've never heard of them, and I have to say the photo in the article did NOT make me want to try one.